The job search is still on! Here’s a few things I’ve been itching to do, but am putting off until I have employment (and paychecks!):
1) Get a Bank of America Savings Account with Keep The Change. I already have a checking account with them, but their savings accounts require either a fee or a $25 a month automatic transfer from your checking. I’m not comfortable committing to that transfer until I have gainful employment. However, the whole point of it is to take advantage of the tasty Keep the Change deal. After some good money accumulates in there (between the Keep the Change and the automatic transfers), I’ll move the money over to my Emigrant account to get even better returns.
2) Apply for a card with a 0% interest rate on balance transfers for one year, roll my debt onto it, and pay it as fast as possible. Pretty self explanatory. There’s two reasons I’m waiting on this: first of all, to be able to fill out the “Employer” section on the credit application will make me feel a lot better, and probably improve my chances of getting the card approved at a large enough credit limit. Also, I want to make sure that I’ll have enough money coming in to pay off the balance before the 0% rate expires.
3) Buy some DevaCurl products. Ok, first of all, this is my little treat for getting a job. Secondly, this might save me some money in the long run, according to English Major. Most of all, I want to see if I can’t just find some better products for my curls!
4) Take my car to the mechanic. Alright, I’ll admit it: I’m driving around with the “check engine” light on. But the mechanics didn’t find anything wrong with it when I had it inspected, and I haven’t had the money to fix it, if there is something wrong. If I want to keep whatever job I get, I’ll need to keep my ride in ship-shape… er… car-shape?
5) Get this blog a domain. It’s only $10 a year. And I think the poor girl (get it? “Poorer Than You” – “poor girl?” Hahaha, I’m so easily amused) deserves to start spreading her wings a bit.