For many of you, it’s time to head back to college and hit the party circuit (and maybe a few books, too). In honor of our studious readers, the members of the College Money Network have put together a week-long series and giveaway to help you start this year off right.
For the first “Shuffle” in our Shuffle for a Shuffle, we’ll be offering up six great articles on a variety of back-to-school topics. What makes it a “shuffle” is that each blog will be hosting someone else’s article. For example, tomorrow Broke Grad Student will be hosting an article from Laura of Green Panda Treehouse.
The best way to make sure you see all six articles plus more great content from the College Money Network members is to subscribe to the CMN. You can also just watch the CMN main page, but you’ll have to check back every day for fresh content — subscribing is much easier! Or you can check back here on Poorer Than You next week, as I’ll surely do a roundup post that highlights all six articles in the Shuffle.
Now, for the other “Shuffle” involved…
Shuffle for an iPod Shuffle (and more!)
- 4GB iPod shuffle
- Copy of The Total Money Makeover
- One-year magazine subscription to Kiplinger’s or Money Magazine
- $20 Starbucks gift certificate
These prizes are being given away across the six College Money Network sites that are participating in the Shuffle for a Shuffle. Each site will provide you with six chances to win, meaning you have a total of 36 entries into the contest that you can earn! To enter on Poorer Than You, you can do one (or all!) of the following:
Follow me on Twitter, @stephonee. Leave a comment on this entry or email me with your Twitter user name so I can count your entry. No need to spam your Twitter with a specific tweet or anything. Although tweets about the contest are appreciated, they won’t earn you any extra entries on Poorer Than You. (1 entry)
Become a fan of Poorer Than You on Facebook. Leave a comment anywhere on the fan page, or contribute something to the “Discussion” tab. (Please be cooler than just begging to win in your comment.) Once you’ve done that, send me an email letting me know what your name is as it appears on Facebook, so I can match it up and count your entries. (2 entries)
Write a blog post about college finances. Your post must include a link to Poorer Than You, either the main page (https://poorerthanyou.com) or any article on the site other than a giveaway. Write about anything you want that relates to college and money, but it must be a new blog post — previous articles do not count. Again, leave a comment on this entry with a link to your blog post, or email the link to me. (3 entries)
How To Win
All valid entries will be assigned a unique number. We will use a random number generator to select the winning numbers. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
All entries must be received by September 6, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST.
Winners will be notified the following week. After all the prizes have been claimed, we will release an official announcement listing the winners.
Rules and Restrictions
- All winners must be 18 years of age or older and live in the United States.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in this giveaway.
- We will choose the winners from the qualified participants. We are the sole judges of adding entries to the list. Plagiarized content, trackback from splogs, spams, and comments containing abusive or inappropriate languages will not be considered.
- To award the prizes, we must be able to contact you. Please leave a valid email address with your comment, or make sure we can contact you through your web site. Your contact information will not be shared with anyone else.
- For certain prizes, winners will be required to submit a physical address to ship the prize. Again, your contact information will never be shared with anyone.
- Prizes are provided as-is, and substitutions may be made at our discretion.
- Winners must reply within 1 week from the time we notify them to claim their prize. Otherwise, they forfeit their prize, and it will be awarded to an alternate.