My personal finance story was recently profiled in the article “Financial Struggles During College Taught Stephanie About Saving” in Debt.com’s Very Personal Finance series. I really enjoyed being interviewed by Brian Bienkowski for this piece. He was very interested in what happened early on in my money journey, so it was a trip down memory lane for me.
If you’re just joining us here at Poorer Than You from the Debt.com profile, welcome! You’ve had a pretty good introduction to the beginning of my story from the article. Now, here’s some more in-depth posts for you to sink your teeth into:
- The full story of why I left school at the end of 2006
- And why I went back to school in late 2007
- The insane spreadsheet and other tricks I used to pay off my credit card debt
- My super-eventful move from the New York Finger Lakes to Northern Virginia
- That one time that I sold my hair on eBay for fun and for profit
- All the nitty-gritty (financial) details of my pregnancy on Obamacare
- More than 11 years of monthly Net Worth updates, starting from the beginning
If you enjoy what you see, I hope you’ll stick around. You can subscribe to new updates in a feed reader like feedly, or sign up to get new posts delivered to your email inbox. You can also find me on Twitter as @Stephonee, follow me on Pinterest, or like Poorer Than You on Facebook. I’m also on Google+ I guess, but does anyone else really use that?
And because I loved my trip down memory lane so much, I invite you to take your own in the comments below! How did you get started on your financial journey?
Comment Policy: Your words are your own, so be nice and helpful if you can. Please, only use your real name and limit the amount of links submitted in your comment. We accept clean XHTML in comments, but don't overdo it please. Read the full comment policy here.