Ordinarily, I enjoy the first day of the month quite a bit — I love running the numbers and updating my net worth graph! This month, though, it was a source of dread.
Change: -$425 or -1.13 %
Yeeee… ouch. It wasn’t any one thing that did me in this month, just a slew of factors that all came to a perfect storm. Birthdays, moving expenses, and a lot of spending relating to hanging out with my friends before I leave town. I don’t mind spending money on these things, and I refuse to feel guilty about it, because this is what money’s for. (After my bills are paid, anyway.)
So, there’s that. I’m still actively job hunting, and there are some really exciting things coming up in the next two months here on Poorer Than You. Will these things bring in more readers and traffic? Definitely! More money? Uh… that remains to be seen. But you should just keep doing what you’re doing — I’m not asking for a handout, and I’ll only recommend products to you when I really think they’re worthwhile (as I’ve always done).
So how about a sneak peek at these things coming up on PTY? We’ve got:
- A laptop bundle giveaway, sponsored by HP! (Because, seriously, where would I get the money to give away a laptop? You just read my net worth update!) Yes, just like last year on my birthday! Details will be rolled out over the coming weeks.
- College Money Tips will be back, starting next Friday! Get your weekly dose of money tips that are just for the college crowd.
- Speaking of Back to School stuff, the College Money Network will be running a series of Back to School posts in September, to help you get on your feet financially this school year. I hear there might be a giveaway associated with that, as well…
- The epic conclusion of my Moving series, including a guest post from Grace at Small Hands, Big Ideas and an entry about how the heck I’m going to pack everything I own into my car!
- More ways to interact with me and the other readers on the site, based on your responses to the recent community survey.
Net worth down, optimism up! I’ve got a job interview early next week, so wish me a broken leg…
Mouli Cohen says
Keep your head up and do your best on that interview! You’ve got a great mind and would certainly be an asset for an employer, especially in a time like this. Good luck!